Friday, September 19, 2008

Hello

So, I'm testing out this blogging thing. In addition to not being terribly artistic, I am also not terribly technologically savvy. I do have lots of good qualities; excelling in art and technology are not among them.
I need all the help I can get with this wedding planning.
This is my second wedding; but the first one doesn't really count because it was when I was 18 and knocked up. I didn't plan that wedding; it was planned by my folks. That marriage lasted ten years and produced two beautiful children but ended when the ex decided to ditch the wife and kids for a trampy co-worker. His choice turned out to be a wonderful development in my life (after the horror, misery and depression wore off).
I found a man that I love completely. He is wonderful in almost every way and I am thrilled that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.
This is going to be my last wedding and I thought I would try to make this wedding something special (really, all weddings should be).
I never thought I would be this happy and I'm excited that next year I get to share this happiness with my friends and family. I just don't know how to plan weddings, or parties for that matter. I have learned a lot from the wedding blog community and I thought I would toss my hat in the ring.
Lets see if this works....

3 comments:

Modelmental said...

Hello! Welcome to the community! Sounds like you have all your priorities straight so I'm sure you're going to be just fine. Especially with the world's craftiest, smartest, wedding-plannest chicks on call 24/7! (That's the rest of them, not me by the way...) Good luck!

Cate Subrosa said...

Are you sure you don't know what you're doing? Your blog looks pretty smart to me... ;)

Cyd said...

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a terrific start and have the best of priorities. I can't wait to see how things unfold. I'm also a July 2009 bride so I look forward to your plans and ideas. No worries about not being artsy or design-savvy...it's all about you and what you love so the day will end up just fabulous. Congratulations!