Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Budget - but updates will have to wait.

OK - in my blog stalking I ran accross a post at Veiled Vows regarding her proposed budget for an at home wedding. I am also trying very hard to have a budget wedding. It won't be at home because no close family members have a large enough property to house our exorbinant guest list of approximately 60 - 70 folks.

So, mostly for my own sanity and partially for anyone else interested - here is my budget breakdown using VV's categories --

$950 - Ceremony Location Fee (includes tables, chairs, sound system, kitchen facility and indoor / outdoor locations) HUGE drama in this area - hopefully to be humorously explained later. For now, this location is booked and final.

$175 - Officiant Fee - we do not know anyone who would have the credentials to officiate the ceremony and a licensed officiant is required in the state in which we are getting married.

$120 - Ceremony Accessories - we have already purchased fans for the guests (since it will be outside in the summer heat) and I'll likely purchase some supplies for programs ????

$0 - Reception Venue - same as ceremony location fee.

$700 - Food ???? We aren't having any catering staff and we are preparing the food ourselves. The menue will be picnic / bbq fare and Mr. M has a large and helpful family.

$310 - Beverages and Bartender - We won't have a serving staff but we will need to get a liquor license which will be $10. We are limiting our alcohol to beer and sangria. Our other beverages will be water & soda & iced tea. I am probably under-budgeting in this area.

$100 - Cakes - Again, Mr. M's family is making the cakes - multiple normal cakes (i.e. Darling Dexter)

$300 - Dress - Aunt N is making my dress -- Hooray for Mr. M's talented family.

$35 - Veil - 1st item I purchased from an antique / chocolate store. Doesn't really go with the theme (now that I have a theme) but I still like it.

$50 - Bride's accessories

$0 - Hair and Makeup - I have super short hair and I can do the makeup - it probably won't be spectacular but it'll do.

$0 - pre-wedding pampering - unless someone else pays for this and creates time in the universe, this is not going to happen.

$75 - Bridesmaid dresses - being made by Mr. M's talented mother and modeled on Darling Dexter's BM dresses.

$100 - Groom's clothing - Mr. M says he can do it for less and we're talking nice casual clothes, but he needs new nice casual clothes. Mr. M works from home & takes care of the kids - he needs new clothes.

$0 - Groom's accessories - I'll be lucky if I can get him into new clothes.

$0 - bouquets & boutonnieres - I'm getting a bunch of flowers (probably daisies) and making the centerpieces and bouquets for myself and my girls.

$400 - Reception Decorations / Centerpieces - I am including the flowers, mason jars, vintage tablecloths, candles, drink containers, tubs for the bottled water & beer & cake stands - perhaps I am under budgeting - I'm hoping to run into some good estate sales this spring because, although I love etsy, it is not the cheapest place for finding vintage goods in bulk - especially not if the goods are heavy.

$0 - ceremony site decorations - same place as the reception and the owners are letting us borrow an arbor.

$0 - ceremony musicians (i-pod all the way)

$0 - cocktail hour musicians

$0 - Reception Band / DJ

$0 - Photographer's fee - Mr. M's folks are paying for the photographer as a wedding gift but his mom got a great deal b/c the secretary where she works is also a part - time photographer and she got the whole wedding day for $700.

$0 - Videographer's fee - I'll probably just hand our camcorder to one of my brothers, or one of the girls.

$0 - Additional prints / videos - Unknown

$75 - Invitations & STDs - got the invites on sale at Michaels and will print them ourselves. Got the STDs from Vistaprint.

$30 - Other Stationary - Thank you cards I expect.

$650 - Her ring (both engagement and band) - I love Kate Szabone on etsy.

$100 - His ring - he insists on the most simple Tungsten Carbide band.

$0 - limo (yeah right)

$0 - Guest shuttle

$0 - Bride / Groom hotel room

$50 - attendant gifts - My girls are our only attendants and I think I will get them each something neat from etsy. If we have any extra we'll try to figure out something for all our helpers.

$0 - favors - I included this in ceremony accessories.

$0 - Parent gifts - Hope we can but I don't expect it.

$100 - Event Insurance (who knew???)

$50 - Marriage License fee

$150 - Polaroid film and guest book (this may have to go b/c the budget is getting out of control)

$50 - plates / cups / utensils

TOTAL -- $4570

2 comments:

Krista said...

It's amazing how little things can add up.

I can only imagine for those who weren't as strict with your budget, how easily it could get out of control.

Cyd said...

I do love how you shared this...maybe I will do the same!