Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tag - you're it...

I was tagged by Engaged and Enraged at I Hate Planning My Wedding. Here is my response:

The rules:

1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog. (I'm not currently in the mood to follow instructions and learn how to embed links, so search for E&E's blog - it is very well done.)

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by including links to their blog. (OK - again with the links - not happening today - so, anyone who reads this - consider yourself tagged.)

4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog! (can't really do that because I don't know who will read this because I am uber lazy today.)

5. Eat at least one slice of pizza every day for the next week. (Ok, sorry, that's not in the rules, but shouldn't it be?) (I am including this last rule because I agree that it should be included even if it is a recent addition.)

Facts:

1. my dog can smile and give hugs.



2. I HATE using umbrellas and rain coats. I prefer to just be rained on. I don't know why, I make the kids use these items but not me and I live in the Northwest, so this comes up a lot.

3. I change my hair color every 6-8 weeks and the color changes tend to follow the seasons - blond in summer and black / brown in the fall and winter.

4. I believe that Flashdance is one of the all time classic movies. That movie is perfect.

5. I've had the same best friend since I was 11. She had a baby 4 months ago and the baby is absolutely darling. I got to go visit and hold her today (often the highlight of my work day). Her dogs (which are much smaller than mine) will bite your ears and sit on your shoulders if you get down to their level.

6. I still have Child # 1's dead pet hamster in our freezer because she wanted him to be cremated and I have yet to actually take him to a pet crematorium and pay a ridiculous amount to fry him. He has now moved with us twice in his current condition. (He is safely wrapped in cloth and stored in a double zip lock bag).

7. I have a phobia about teeth. If one of the kids has a loose tooth and they show me, I have to freak out and do the gross out dance (yes the kids have learned how to use this to amuse themselves)- I can't even read books about loose teeth - and yes there are children's books about loose teeth. But I am a good tooth fairy - the kids get a substantial reward whenever they loose a tooth.

I believe I am now supposed to nomitate someone to continue this meme - I say if you are interested post this in your own blog - hooray!

My save the dates came and went - well at least my half went. Mr. M still has to gather the addresses for his half and then his half will go as well. I will post photos once I manage to remember to take a picture of them. I ordered them from Vistaprint, they are standard sized post cards with a design that Vistaprint had in their collection. The total was only approx. $30 for 100 including shipping. They aren't super fancy but I think they are pretty cool.

No comments: