Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Update - October


So its been a while. I wasn't sure what direction to take this blog in. Should I rehash the last few years with all of its drama and trauma, or should I just move forward with the wedding planning and rather undramatic life I currently have (I like it this way)?

I'm just going to go forward and fill in historic details as needed following a short introduction.

I was born and raised in a small town in Washington. I lived with my mom and her husbands (she only had one husband at a time). I met my ex-husband when I was 14, I got pregnant and we got married when I was 18. We lived, I went to school, we had a second child, I went to law school, got a job, ex became an ex, I got the kids,
I entered a wonderful relationship with Mr. M. We are now planning a wedding for July 2009.

Coincidentally, Mr. M also grew up in the same small town I did. However, he is 2.5 years younger than me which means we never went to the same school. Apparently we were in the same karate class when I was 16, although I can't say I remember him, he says he remembers me. Neither one of us lives in this small town, nor do we live in Washington any more, so I am very thankful that we managed to find each other. He really is the best guy ever. He is wonderful with the kids and the dog and me. He cooks amazingly well which is great b/c I tended to prepare a very short list of dishes primarily focusing on carbohydrates and cheese.

I could go on forever about how wonderful he is but I thought I would catch up with the wedding planning progress.

photo from ebay

The dress (the photo above is the inspiration and all the info I gave to Mr. M's aunt. I really like the vintage look but I am not a tiny human, so I needed to get a dress made)- Mr. M's aunt came to our house to do a preliminary fitting of my dress. She is WONDERFUL (maybe it runs in the family). She was very patient with me since I know nothing about sewing or fabric or really wedding planning at all. She looked at all my inspiration boards (which was fun b/c although Mr. M will look at them, he doesn't have the right kind of enthusiasm), she managed to make a mock-up of my dress in muslin to take home with her, she revealed that she had a whole box of blue mason jars at home, she agreed to make our cakes (she was a baker for 12 years), she found the kind of fabric she wants to use for the dress and she found patterns for the kids' dresses.

I have gotten completely busy at work today so I will sign off for now. More updates soon and Hooray! I figured out how to get a picture in the blog.

4 comments:

Cate Subrosa said...

Wow, it sounds like a pretty fascinating story. I'm glad you're in a better place now!

Amanda said...

I adore your dress inspiration. You will definitely have to share pics of the progress with us!

Cyd said...

I love that dress! I need to see pictures of how it develops, because that is sure to be sensational.

EliandMe said...

I am so excited to find a fellow bride-to-be who is also a mom! And who loves vintage dresses! In fact, are you me?